The bus for your internet services.
What is this ?
"Trigger Happy" is a bus for your internet services
How does it work ?
Trigger Happy enters in a new category of tools which permits to manage the connection between internet services, as a bridge between them, and will act from events triggered:
- on the web
- on your own "internet" accounts
- When a news is published on a website, I want it to be stored in my Evernote or Pocket account to be read later, or published it on Twitter, or on my Facebook wall, etc...
- when I add a note to my Evernote notebooks, I want to send it to my Wallabag account also
- When a tweet about a specific subject is published, send it to my Pocket/Evernote/Whatever account, etc…
- When I set a tweet as favourite, save it to my Wallabag instance
All of this is widely inspired by the very great IFTTT service which permits that exchanges.
What services are availables ?
What If I wish to install "Trigger Happy" on my own ?
If you have Python/Django skills, I invite you to read the documentation which details all of this
How is this service born ?
Following setbacks with a service called IFTTT which made unreadable notes (because it did not handle accented characters UTF-8), the decision was made to launch a free alternative.